Associate Creative Director
McM is a brand experience agency. We help global businesses articulate their unique value, tell their most compelling stories, and elevate their customer’s experience with the brand, through every touch point in the buyers’ journey.
What does the ideal candidate look like? You have a design/art direction background and probably have an Art Director, Senior Art Director or ACD job title where you are working now. Regardless of title, you have a deep understanding of how to build powerful brands for a digital-first world. You love creating brands yourself as much as you love encouraging, guiding and mentoring others on the team. Yeah, this isn’t just a management position; we are looking for someone who loves the craft and wants to keep working it.
And there’s another part to the job: you are exceptionally persuasive in front of clients, presenting the work in a way that demonstrates passion for the work and solid rationale for its efficacy. Flying to New York or Chicago to represent the agency doesn’t phase you, it excites you.
Your role, in which you’ll report to the chief creative officer, entails providing mentorship and direction to other members of the creative team through clear, reasoned judgment and accountability. You’ll also interact daily with individuals in our senior management, strategy, creative, client services, and finance teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and ideating creative design solutions from conception through implementation that strategically translate and support the brand strategy and client vision
- Establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction for the design team and directing the creative contributions of anyone else who is involved in the development of a project, from illustrators to developers to production designers
- Taking responsibility for a client account at times, with some support from a creative director
- Striving to deeply understand and fluently converse about your clients’ industries, customers, needs, key challenges, brands, and messaging
- Crafting and delivering pitches—both internally and to clients—with confidence and clarity
- Helping to build McMillan’s reputation for creative excellence by contributing to award submissions
In all areas, you’ll need to be an excellent listener, communicator, and presenter with a firm grasp of established goals and metrics for shared success.
What you bring
- 5+ years’ experience in a creative or similar role, combined with demonstrated leadership instincts and skills
- A deep understanding of new media platforms, digital trends, and non-traditional opportunities to build brand awareness
- A proven ability to motivate team members and support an environment in which award-winning creative work is actively promoted
- A solid understanding of intuitive website functionality, interaction, and user-centred experience design and digital marketing, and skills in creating compelling motion storytelling, will be considered assets
- Experience working with global clients will also be regarded as an advantage
Think you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you. Just fill out the application below, and if you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.