McMillan is a creative B2B agency. We specialize in brand development and campaigns for clients around the world, and we’re looking for a writer to join our team.
Here’s how we describe the creative team at McMillan : happy people creating magic together.
A McMillan copywriter writes excellent stories. Those stories come to life as web experiences, videos, emails, whitepapers, and in various other forms. But they remain, in their essence, compelling, human-driven narratives that win hearts and minds—and awards.
In your role, you’ll report to a creative director, while also interacting daily with others in your department and individuals in our client services, strategy, production, and studio management teams.
In your day-to-day activities, you’ll be expected to:
- Write compelling content for web, mobile, video, social media, and other channels
- Work collaboratively with designers, UX experts, strategists, and others, to develop and execute concepts that meet campaign objectives while pushing creative in new directions
- Research information that pertains to client-specific industries
- Present—and defend—creative work, both internally and to clients
It starts, of course, by carrying out your responsibilities in a way that adds value. You take writing seriously (yourself less so), and you’re comfortable with change and taking advantage of the opportunities it affords.
But there’s something else. Win or lose, we do it as a team. At the same time, all employees at McMillan are expected to strive towards being recognized as sought-after, trusted advisors by clients and colleagues alike. That recognition is earned by displaying:
- Curiosity – You show a genuine interest in clients and coworkers and ask tough questions (when appropriate) to inform, explore, and encourage fresh perspectives and solutions. At the same time, you seek to continuously widen and improve your own knowledge and skills, so that you can generate ideas that are both strategically informed and creatively unexpected.
- Expertise – You combine expert proficiency in your role with industry-specific awareness. You exude confidence, yet know when receiving constructive feedback is important. In fact, a critical part of the McMillan culture embraces both giving and receiving feedback in the moment, to make all of us better people and turn good work into something that’s great.
- Service – You communicate clearly, stay calm under pressure, anticipate the needs of others, respond promptly to requests, show a sincere desire to build relationships, and prove yourself to be a reliable, go-to player on the McMillan team.
- Professional writing experience, whether it is journalistic, creative, technical, or even just an excellent, well-maintained blog
- Demonstrated creative, conceptual, and critical thinking skills
- Proofreading and editorial proficiency (you demonstrate attention to detail)
- The ability to manage multiple—and sometimes competing—deliverables, priorities, and deadlines
- A knowledge of marketing principles and best practices, as well as digital trends and technologies
- A capacity to learn, understand, and speak the language of our client industries
- The ability to work independently, along with the generosity to work collaboratively
You should expect
Travel and overtime may be required.
Think you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you. Just fill out the application below, and if you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.