Are you looking to join a creative agency that understands the global B2B landscape in ways that other agencies don’t—one that’s driven by a passion to create powerful work that engages audiences and creates enduring value for its clients?
If so, read on.
McMillan’s philosophy of client service begins with us, as a team, being advocates for the quality of work that the agency produces—and advocates for the requirements for great work (e.g., clear objectives, appropriate resources, adequate time, proven processes). It’s that great work that gives our clients the greatest value.
As an account manager at McMillan, you’ll be the primary client contact for one or more of our B2B accounts. Your role will entail day-to-day account management, and you’ll be expected to deftly manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that each is delivered to the highest standards within established brand guidelines as well as budget, timeline, and scope parameters. Your focus will be on developing and nurturing strong relationships with clients as well as colleagues within the agency: we all need to be confident that projects entrusted to you are in good hands, and that you can be relied on to act with a high degree of professionalism, courtesy, and honesty in everything you do.
In your role, you’ll report to an account director. You’ll also work alongside others in your department and with individuals in our senior management, strategy, creative, production, finance, and studio management teams.
You’ll be tapped to exercise a broad range of skills, but your most important day-to-day responsibilities will require you to:
- Meet regularly with clients—either in person or via conference calls—and internal teams to discuss current and future projects, define project budgets and scope, schedule complex projects, prepare briefs, and facilitate presentations
- Coordinate project deliverables and timelines to ensure that work produced by the agency meets client expectations and is of the highest quality
- Keep accurate records of meetings and the progress of projects, as well as monitor work in progress and be accountable for alerting internal teams and clients about changes that may affect the cost, quality, or timetable of individual jobs
- Assist in preparing estimates and approving invoices
- Keep senior client services team members and others abreast of significant account developments or potential opportunities
In all areas, you’ll need to be an excellent listener, communicator, and presenter with a firm grasp of established goals and metrics for shared success.
You are also expected to be a business-savvy digital native (or to have worked at it long enough to pass as one), with an understanding of how to deliver innovative digital solutions as part of complex, integrated communications solutions.
It starts, of course, by carrying out your responsibilities in a way that adds value. You take client and account management seriously (yourself less so), and you know how to keep clients and internal teams on track and in-scope. And you are comfortable with change—except undocumented scope change—and taking advantage of the opportunities it affords.
But there’s something else. Win or lose, we do it as a team. At the same time, all employees at McMillan are expected to strive towards being recognized as sought-after, trusted advisors by clients and colleagues alike. That recognition is earned by displaying:
- Curiosity – You show a genuine interest in clients and coworkers and ask tough questions (when appropriate) to inform, explore, and encourage fresh perspectives and solutions. At the same time, you seek to continuously widen and improve your own knowledge and skills, while also expanding your competency in other disciplines within the agency, so that you can generate creative and strategic ideas that are both informed and unexpected.
- Expertise – You combine expert proficiency in your role with industry-specific awareness. You exude confidence, yet know when receiving constructive feedback is important. In fact, a critical part of the McMillan culture embraces both giving and receiving feedback in the moment, to make all of us better people and turn good work into something that’s great.
- Service – You communicate clearly, stay calm under pressure, anticipate the needs of others, respond promptly to requests, show a sincere desire to build relationships, and prove yourself to be a reliable, go-to player on the McMillan team.
- Three or more years of experience with a digital or interactive agency; similar experience leading digital projects for an integrated marketing/advertising firm or organization will be considered (in other words, you need to show us what you’ve done to prove that you can lead digital—in addition to print-based—projects)
- Experience with brand and/or go-to-market campaign development and execution processes, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize across projects based on client and agency needs
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools used for research, content development, tracking, and reporting
- Clear ideas about how digital tools add value to business strategy and performance, combined with an awareness of creative processes and techniques
Experience working with global B2B clients will be considered an asset.
You should expect
Travel and overtime will be required.
Think you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you. Just fill out the application below, and if you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.