Are you eager to join a creative agency that understands the global B2B landscape in ways that other agencies don’t—one that’s driven by a passion to create powerful work that engages audiences and creates enduring value for its clients?
If so, read on.
McMillan’s philosophy of client service begins with us, as a team, being advocates for the quality of work that the agency produces—and advocates for the requirements for great work (e.g., clear objectives, appropriate resources, adequate time, proven processes). It’s that great work that gives our clients the greatest value.
This is an entry-level position at McMillan, in which you’ll support the client services team in the day-to-day management of active marketing and advertising projects. Our hope is that, as we show you how a creative agency works and teach you B2B marketing, you’ll fine-tune your project management skills and be prepared to step into a more senior role. In the meantime, you may end up managing smaller projects, with some oversight.
In your role, you’ll report to an account director, while interacting daily with others in your department and individuals in our strategy, creative, production, finance, and studio management teams.
Prepare to be a busy person. As an account coordinator, you will:
- Develop schedules and advise team members of any delays or variances
- Work with the studio manager and/or coordinator to assign resources and update tasks for the creative team
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes, and update status reports and billing sheets
- Respond to and deliver client and internal requests in a timely manner
- Manage relationships with outside suppliers, when needed
- Provide other administrative support to your assigned account team as needed
In all areas, you’ll need to be a patient listener and confident communicator with a firm grasp of established goals and metrics for shared success.
You’re also expected to be a digital native (or to be able to pass as one), with a strong desire to understand how innovative digital solutions are delivered as part of complex, integrated communications solutions. Those attributes will serve as a foundation for practical experience you’ll gain in managing cross-platform programs—including branding, web, mobile, social, and events—while also building an understanding of how digital tools add value to business strategy and performance.
It starts, of course, by carrying out your responsibilities in a way that adds value. You take client and account management seriously (yourself less so), and you show an aptitude for keeping clients and internal teams on track and in scope, so that work moves through the studio on time and within budget.
Most important: you’re an enthusiastic team player. You show a genuine interest in clients and coworkers and ask questions when appropriate to inform, explore, and continuously widen and improve your knowledge and skills. You also know that receiving constructive feedback is important. In fact, a critical part of the McMillan culture embraces both giving and receiving feedback in the moment, to make all of us better people and turn our good work into something that’s great.
- A can-do attitude and strong desire to be part of a marketing team that’s committed to delivering top-quality, award-winning work on behalf of its global clients
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- A natural bent for remaining highly organized and detail-oriented (nothing falls through the cracks on your watch)
A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or advertising is preferred.
Experience working with a creative agency or client-side marketing department is an asset.
You should expect
Travel may be required—overtime, definitely.
Think you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you. Just fill out the application below, and if you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.