Are you eager to join a creative agency that treats quality of work and quality of work life not as afterthoughts, but rather as essential drivers of its continuing growth and financial success?
Are you prepared to sometimes do things differently, in the belief that doing great work, in a great environment, can be both fun and rewarding?
If so, read on.
Quality assurance at McMillan is about more than just testing. As a QA analyst, you’re an advocate for continuous improvement within the agency, working across teams and functions.
You will facilitate the quality control of highly interactive web and mobile applications. Your involvement in projects will span the entire creative and production processes—assuring quality by tracing errors to the source and providing actionable feedback to eliminate them.
As an authority on testing, you’ll examine product specifications and develop test strategies and plans that ensure our client’s goals are satisfied.
In your role, you’ll report to McMillan’s Manager of Quality Assurance, while also working alongside senior technologists, designers, and writers, effectively communicating priorities and ensuring quality is a shared objective.
Expect to be busy. You’ll spend your days at McMillan:
- Evaluating specifications (e.g., copy documentation, design documentation, technical specifications, success criteria, and business requirements) to develop a plan of action, along with corresponding documentation, that will ensure full coverage of
- Performing a wide variety of testing techniques, such as regression, integration, performance, accessibility, functionality, and exploratory testing.
- Reporting issues and tracking them through production to successful delivery.
- Assisting in contract acceptance and user acceptance testing.
- Developing documentation such as test scripts and contributing to the overall organizational test strategy and test plan.
- Communicating priorities with stakeholders and facilitating the release management process.
- Assisting in copy editing, proofreading, and design reviews, when required.
It starts, of course, by carrying out your responsibilities in a way that adds value. You take your role seriously (yourself less so), and you are comfortable with change. In fact, you encourage and champion it.
But there’s something else. Win or lose, we do it as a team. At the same time, all employees at McMillan are expected to strive towards being recognized as sought-after, trusted advisors by clients and colleagues alike. That recognition is earned by displaying:
- Curiosity – You show a genuine interest in coworkers and ask tough questions (when appropriate) to inform, explore, and encourage fresh perspectives and solutions. At the same time, you seek to continuously widen and improve your own knowledge and skills, so that you can generate ideas that are both informed and unexpected.
- Expertise – You combine expert proficiency in your role with industry-specific awareness. You exude confidence, yet know when receiving constructive feedback is important. In fact, a critical part of the McMillan culture embraces both giving and receiving feedback in the moment, to make all of us better people and turn good work into something that’s great.
- Service – You communicate clearly, stay calm under pressure, anticipate the needs of others, respond promptly to requests, show a sincere desire to build relationships, and prove yourself to be a reliable, go-to player on the McMillan team.
- 1+ years of experience testing modern web and mobile applications in an agency or
- A demonstrated understanding of quality management principles (for example, quality control techniques such as testing procedures, inspection processes, issue triage, and creation of test cases).
- Experience with issue management tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards (e.g., AODA, Section 508) and an ability to compare our work against standards such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to copy edit and proofread.
- A deep understanding of cross platform and cross browser compatibility testing.
- An appreciation for good design.
- The ability to provide feedback effectively.
You should expect
Overtime may be required.