Get ready to join an award-winning creative agency that large global B2B companies turn to as a trusted advisor to elevate their brands—one that’s driven by a passion to create powerful work that engages audiences and creates enduring value.
This is a mid-level position at McMillan, or TeamMcM, as our clients often call us. You will support the client experience team in the day-to-day management of active brand definition and go-to-market campaigns. You’ll be the primary client contact for one or more of our B2B accounts. Your role will entail day-to-day account management ensuring that each is delivered to the highest standards within budget, timeline, and scope parameters. Your focus will be on developing and nurturing strong relationships with clients as well as colleagues within the agency: we all need to be confident that projects entrusted to you are in good hands, and that you can be relied on to act with a high degree of professionalism, courtesy, and honesty in everything you do.
In your role, you’ll report to the Director, Client Experience, while interacting daily with a tight-knit team of individuals in our strategy, creative, and operations teams.
You’ll be tapped to exercise a broad range of skills, but your most important day-to-day responsibilities will require you to:
- Meet regularly with clients and internal teams to discuss current and future projects, define project budgets and scope, schedule complex projects, prepare briefs, and facilitate presentations
- Coordinate project deliverables and timelines to ensure that work produced by the agency meets client expectations and is of the highest quality
- Keep accurate records of meetings and the progress of projects and be accountable for alerting internal teams and clients about changes that may affect the cost, quality, or timetable of individual jobs
- Develop project estimates and track financial reporting throughout the process
- Keep senior client experience team members and others abreast of significant account developments or potential opportunities
- Support business development efforts by assisting in preparing proposals and pitches
Flexibility in working hours is also a consideration as our clients are often located in different cities in different time zones and we try to accommodate their schedule as much as we can.
In all areas, you’ll need to be a patient listener and confident communicator with a firm grasp of established goals and metrics for shared success.
You’re also expected to be a digital native, with a strong desire to understand how innovative digital solutions are delivered as part of complex, integrated communications solutions. Those attributes will serve as a foundation for practical experience you’ll gain in managing cross-platform programs—including branding, web, mobile, social, and events—while also building an understanding of how digital tools add value to business strategy and performance.
It starts, of course, by carrying out your responsibilities in a way that adds value to a great client experience with TeamMcM. You take client and account management seriously (yourself less so), and you show an aptitude for keeping clients and internal teams on track and in scope, so that work moves through the shop on time and within budget.
Most important, you’re an enthusiastic team player and show us:
- Curiosity – You show a genuine interest in clients and coworkers and ask tough questions (when appropriate) to inform, explore, and encourage fresh perspectives and solutions. At the same time, you seek to continuously widen and improve your own knowledge and skills, while also expanding your competency in other disciplines within the agency, so that you can generate creative and strategic ideas that are both informed and unexpected.
- Expertise – You combine expert proficiency in your role with industry-specific awareness. You exude confidence yet know when receiving constructive feedback is important. In fact, a critical part of the McMillan culture embraces both giving and receiving feedback in the moment, to make all of us better people and turn good work into something that’s great.
- Service – You communicate clearly, stay calm under pressure, anticipate the needs of others, respond promptly to requests, show a sincere desire to build relationships, and prove yourself to be a reliable, go-to player on team McM.
- Three or more years of experience with a digital or interactive agency; similar experience leading digital projects for an integrated marketing/advertising firm or organization will be considered (in other words, you need to show us what you’ve done to prove that you can lead complex projects)
- Experience with brand and/or go-to-market campaign development and execution processes, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize across projects based on client and agency needs
- Familiarity with project management and collaboration models (waterfall, iterative, and agile) to be able to educate clients and oversee the delivery of projects using these approaches
- Strong financial acumen to grasp various pricing models and financial reporting per client
- Familiarity with marketing tools used for project management, research, content development, tracking, and reporting
Experience working with global B2B clients will be considered an asset.
Think you have what it takes?
Then we want to hear from you. Just fill out the application below, and if you’ve got what we’re looking for, we’ll be in touch.